Friday, January 18, 2013

Outfit Lay Out: Pop Grunge

DSC_1562edited
Bop Basics beanie, Prabal Gurung x Linda Farrow sunglasses, Fuzzplex sweater c/o SwayChic, ASOS ripped boyfriend jeans, Céline box bag, Marc Jacobs pilgrim flats

Since I live in a city with a higher annual rate of precipitation than Seattle, I decided it would be a good idea to occasionally post my outfits in a manner that in no way depends on the weather (or the availability of a photographer other than myself).  I styled my look for today around a super snuggly striped sweater that was sent to me by SwayChic, an up-and-coming LA boutique that specializes in the sort of 80's/90's pieces that I have been hopelessly nostalgic for as of late.  They have tons more cute sweaters, and I am also digging this baroque printed one (sort-of Stella, no?) and this amoeba knit (yay science!).  Today I'm also busting out my Marc Jacobs pilgrim flats, which may be my favorite pair of shoes I have ever bought, save for the fact that they are about a size too small.  I really wish more websites would post accurate sizing information on the shoes they sell because too many brands are terribly inconsistent in their sizes.  Oh well, beauty is pain, right? 

5 comments:

  1. If you are planning a trip to Atlanta in the next week or so, I'd recommend stopping by Jeffrey's to stare at their shoe rack. They still have some of the Celine wedge pumps in silver at 60% off! Size down a full size - if you're a 37, you are soooo in luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I know EXACTLY who you're talking about - I hate her too!! LOL
    We are the same shoe size! Which means I stole your pair. :(
    There wasn't much left to pick over in our size, unless you liked some of the edgier Miu Miu pieces from last season. Those were all marked down to the 3-somethings, I think. But they were all suede, and I can't do suede, so it just didn't interest me.

    If you ever need anything there, you should ask for Vernon. I work with him and Philomena (& Chris) in the clothing dept. Just tell them that you know me, and they should be able to hook you up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, they did have a 36.5 in the Celine silver wedges, if you're willing to do the inserts. They were $324 including tax.

    ReplyDelete